An apicoectomy in Portland, Texas, is a beneficial service Dr. Duncan provides to those who have an infection or complications in a tooth after root canal treatment or root canal retreatment has been performed. If this is the case, our dentists will remove the tip of the root and seal the tooth back up with a dental filling.
There are many reasons why we strongly recommend this treatment, including:
- Infected roots can damage other teeth.
- Infection can spread throughout the oral cavity and possibly to other areas of the body.
- Regression to the jawbone can occur.
- The small adjoining root branches can become inflamed.
- Debris left behind can cause complications to surrounding teeth.
- The infection can continue to grow and further harm your teeth, roots, and gums.
With this treatment, you will be given medications and dental sedation to help you get through your appointment easily. This is a one-visit treatment that will restore the health of your tooth and oral cavity in no time. If you would like to learn more about this treatment and if it is something you think you might need, our dentists encourage you to call Duncan Dental Studio today. We look forward to helping you!